Nickel PTFE (NiP 10-13%+PTFE 8-9%)
This is a very specific treatment. Its MAIN CHARACTERISTICS are:
– 10-13 % in phosphorus (High phosphorus nickel plating).
– 8-9 % of weight in PTFE (20-25 % of volume).
- Rugosity: Varies insignificantly.
- Appaerance: Grey matte.
– Just plated: 300-350 Hv.
– With hardness treatment: 400-450 Hv.
- Anti-corrosion level: High.
Neutral Salt Spray (ASTM B-117)(depending on the material and layer thickness) up to 200 hours.
The result can be significantly improved by giving an intermediate layer of nickel with a high content of phosphorus (10-13%), which can thus withstand up to 1000 hours in a saline fog test (depending on material and layer thickness).
- Maximum recommended layer thickness: 20 microns (upgradeable with an intermediate layer of electroless nickel with high phosphorus content (10-13%).
- Wear resistance: Higher to any other treatment.
- Not magnetic.